Thursday, September 11, 2008

My neurotic problem

Here is the offender, or at least the item in question.

We bought this little gem about three years ago for a gift. Well, it sat on our closet shelf for a long time. Jesse has finally reached the age that remote controlled trucks are, not only a big hit, but he can actually control them. We got this one out for him a while ago, and it has been recently rediscovered by the kids. They have had a great time running it all over the gravel and the new basketball court.

Last night, I called them all in for dinner, switched the truck off, and set it on the hearth. Well, someone, I didn't know who, came and retrieved the truck after dinner. When it was bedtime, I couldn't find the truck. You see, I HATE losing things. I don't have any mismatched socks here at my house. The pieces are all present in all the puzzles.....you can kind of get the picture. So, I questioned all the kids. The three older ones don't know anything about it. Jesse, on the other hand, says it is outside. So, I search, like a mad dog mind you, for the thing. I can't find it anywhere. Chad also looks, mostly because he loves me and knows I can't sleep when things are missing.......still nothing.

So, I end up searching the house and still coming up empty handed. I finally go to bed very frustrated in not finding the toy. I know it has to be somewhere, as we didn't go anywhere last night. I didn't want it to be left outside, the dog might chew on it, but I just couldn't find it and figured it must be in the house somewhere.

Then, this morning, I spent the morning in town getting some blood work done, and picking up the mattress set I bought for Saul. That is another story all in itself! Darn people, they tried too hard yet not hard enough.........

We come home and I find out that the box they told me for sure was the one I had purchased, was not indeed the correct one. "Sorry, can you bring it back in?" they say. WHAT?! So, I intend to see what they are willing to compensate me for. I went to a lot of trouble for them this morning waiting, when they said it would be ready, and driving back from the warehouse to have them check and make sure it was the correct one......I just don't know. So, that will all happen this afternoon, I guess. Wish me luck!

Then!......Jesse goes outside to play with a noisy toy I wanted him to stop playing with.....so I go out to see what he is doing. He is very excited about a grasshopper that has jumped on his bike and then off again and is still alive. Very exciting! I again ask him if he knows where the red truck is......YES! he laughs, right here behind the wood! So, giggling the whole way, he shows me where he hid the truck yesterday afternoon. The cause of my not getting a good nights sleep is sitting behind a pallet of roof shingles, neatly tucked out of sight, yet if you walk all the way to the back of the pile, there it is! He was just giggling so much that I could hardly be angry with him. He said that yes, he knew where it was the whole time and didn't know why I hadn't looked behind all the wood(roof shingles).

Oh well, so much fun, these little ones that we have been entrusted with. I enjoy every minute of it and some of their antics may even help me!

No comments: