Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My confession

Okay, so I was all ready to go to bed, and actually in bed, last night at 8:30 pm. I thought I would just read my scriptures for a little bit. Well, I confess I have become addicted to my mission journals. I have been reading them often and enjoying to memories. I began reading in one and thought I hadn't written in my current journal for a while.......only two years!!! I'm really embarrassed by that one! So, I spent the next hour and a half writing---catching up on the last two years. It was fun but not as detailed as I would like it to be. My hand cramped up and that gave me time to think about how I wanted to write about each one of the kids and their accomplishments from the past two years. I tried to think of all the little things and experiences they had had, but two years and four kids is a long time and a lot to remember. I'm going to put things here on the blog as I remember them. I will date them and tell who they are about.

So, there is my big confession. I have just felt a great pull recently to reconnect with what happened on my mission. I had forgotten many names and places. It is sad that I let that happen, but alas, it did.

This morning, the boys were all well enough for school. I was so glad! I took Eva to the hospital for her test. She had to fast and have blood drawn, then eat and wait for two hours and have blood drawn again. Chad gave her a blessing of comfort this morning and that seemed to help a lot. She did really well, even though we had to hold her down. The screaming didn't last more than the time the needle was actually in her arm. I'm hoping to get the results soon and know that we can rule out diabetes on her.

I took the kids to the park while we waited the two hours. They had a good time playing with some other kids who were there. That is about all that is going on here.

This is going to become somewhat of a journal for me. I try to sit down at least once a week to write a little something. Elias is currently working on a new story for his blog. I'm really proud of his skills and his willingness to share with others.

No comments: