Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I have been busy, I guess. I just read Karen's blog and feel like I haven't been busy enough! I sat down at the computer this morning for the first time in almost two weeks. It is currently dark as night with storms coming in. I'm just glad to be home.

Well, here we have been struggling with illnesses. Jesse had pneumonia last week and is finally doing better. I'm having Eva checked for diabetes to rule it out--for the last 4 or so months, she has been hungry all the time, drinking all the time and using the bathroom all the time. We visited to Dr. today and they said she has also been losing weight, not a lot, but it should be going up because her height is.... So, more unenjoyable tests and such in the next few days. I will keep you posted about her prognosis.

So now to Saul....he has had some tummy troubles. A little throwing up and lbm too. Well, this morning, he said he didn't feel good again. No fever, a little sore throat, but nothing else. I sent him to school and instructed him to go to the nurse if he still didn't feel well. I was ready to walk out the door with the other two for their appointments, Jesse had a recheck for the pneumonia, and Eva for the weird symptoms, and the school called......Saul didn't feel well. I ran to pick him up and yes, he threw up in the car, luckily, he had his friend-- the trash can-- on his lap and all was well. So, the Dr. checked him and did the strep test...positive. I'm not very happy about that. One kid gets over being sick and another gets something else.

So, I was interrupted by the phone....yes, it was the school, Elias was throwing up--Agggg! So, off to the school to get him. He still feels bad and I hope this is short lived.

We haven't been this sick, combined for quite some time. I'll be glad when it is all over.

Yes, and Chad has had bronchitis, enough to go to the Dr. after 17 years!, he is on medication now and mostly better. He has still worked so that has made the healing process a little slow but he's coming around now.

So far, I've escaped any illness. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.....

2 comments:

Mom said...

I am so sorry to hear that things are still not better than the last time I talked to you. I really hope and pray that they are improving now.
Please, Please, don't you get sick. Moms aren't allowed.
I did wonder what there were no new stories on Elias' blog.

Rebecca said...

fpojxYikes! That sounds awful! I hope everyone is better and happier soon. I hope Eva's tests show good news, that's scary stuff when you don't know what's wrong.