Saturday, April 26, 2008

Friday, was a normal day. I did a lot of cleaning and got things done around the house.

I just remembered about last night. Friday night we had a ward activity where one of our elders, a competition ballroom dancer, would teach the adults to dance. They provided child care and Chad and I went. I had so much fun. Chad had a little fun. We learned the Cha-Cha and the Waltz, both of which I already knew, but was a little rusty on. Chad was fairly game to try them both. He would have much rather been sitting on the side watching everyone else. Jesse couldn't take the chaos in the child care area, so he sat on a chair and enjoyed watching all the adults dance. It was a fun night!

Today, Saturday, I got up a little later than usual, thanks kids! I hadn't planned on taking the kids to Lowes for the project because Eva had a birthday party to attend later in the day. Well, I, being the last minute queen.......decided at 10 am to take the kids and do somethings with them in town anyway. Chad had gone to work this morning and was supposed to be home to keep the boys so I could take just Eva. Well, I knew he wouldn't be home so I decided to just buy another gift for the little boy and stay in town. We had got him two matchbox cars-and with the boy birthdays coming up in our family, having two more matchbox cars didn't seem like a bad idea.

We went and did the project. They made land sails. Basically boats with wheels and a paper sail. Simply, but the kids had a great time. Then we dropped by Wal-mart to take care of some business. I took them to the park for about an hour. They had a good time. We walked the trail and went by the pond. Saul just couldn't help himself. He had to walk right into the marshy area-all boy! (By the way, Jesse wore underwear today and stayed dry the whole day. I don't know about him. He didn't use the bathroom, but he didn't wet on himself either, at least not until we got home.....oh the joys of potty training!) Then I took the kids to the birthday party. They invited all the kids to stay. They had a great time. It was for a little guy from church so we knew the family well.

When we got home. Lesli's kids were playing at our house, with no supervision. Chad had just returned home from work and I guess they followed him up here. Who knows?!?! The kids had a good time playing with them for a while. Well, then it was off to dinner, bath and bed. Ahhh......bed. Such a nice time of day! When all is quiet and the children are so angelic........

I'm off to the same place myself. Chad is speaking in church tomorrow. I will have to deal with the kids on the stand by myself, I'm afraid, that or farm them out to family and friends! I'm sure you will hear about it tomorrow......!

No comments: