Wednesday, April 9, 2008

You can't take my Grandma's car!

The kids had been playing outside. Eva came and asked if she could go down to Grandma's house. I told her "no" because there was no one home. A little while later, Jesse came running into the house. (They had gone anyway...) He said, "Mom, come quick, some bad man is taking one of Grandma's cars!" I knew what was going on, Les (my father-in-law) had sold a couple of the old cars currently adorning the property to a neighbor. They are probably just for junk, but there is the explanation. I told him Grandpa knew all about it, but because Grandpa wasn't home, I had to go with him to "check it out".
I know the guy taking the car so we chatted a little while. The kids were still concerned about him taking the car and wanted to hang around, so I explained, again, the reasoning behind the transaction. Maybe they got it, maybe not. I think they wanted him to know they weren't happy with what was going on, I made them come home anyway and let the poor guy take the car!

I tell you, no one will get away with stealing anything around here! Not with the little sleuths on the job!