Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Some time finally....

It seemed that I was doing very well on my blog for a few days. That is only because I was stuck inside the house with all the rain and flooding. When the weather is nice, I like to spend my time out there with the kids.
A little about those said kids....Elias is doing well in school. We recently fixed up a bike for him and his riding skills are improving. He even gets back on when he falls. He is enjoying the freedom that riding a bike gives him.
Saul received a new-to-him bike today. I was out thrift shopping, gotta love that!, when I found a bike that was just his size for $4! Couldn't pass that one up. He was out enjoying it as soon as he had completed his homework today. But, he did ask me "...why are the rims a little rusty looking, did it come from the store that way?" Ha ha! Yes, of course it came from the second-hand store looking just like that. He didn't really care, it was just something to say.
Eva is doing well in her reading. She and I traded off reading books to one another today. That was rather fun. She read Brown Bear, Brown Bear and I read an assortment of more advanced books that she determined were too challenging for her just yet.
Jesse loves his "ABC movie" He loves that leapfrog Letter Factory--Thanks Janet for telling me about it. He know the sounds of all the letters, but not all their names. He is so fun to listen to, most of the time. When we watch movies, we just have to turn the volume up to drown out the "WHY??" from him. He is interested in everything and how it all works. He constantly asks Chad "Why you build house por doze people?" and "Why you build dis house por ut?" Too cute he is!
We also gave the boys haircuts yesterday. Elias looks about two years younger. He is just so cute. Saul doesn't look that different, but Jesse looks like a whole new kid! It is fun to have them all here and spend my life with them.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Yes, kids are so funny! And we LOVE the letter factory.... all of them! I think that's how Joshua learned the alphabet, since it wasn't from me. All the kids seill like themm which I think is odd, but I am quite thankful for.