Monday, August 18, 2008

A snake bite!



I took the kids to school this morning as I usually do the first day. We left about 7:15 and Jesse and I returned home around 7:45. I found Bitsy with a very swollen face. It was a little scary. I didn't know what had happened as she was fine before we left.

I called the vet and they said it was probably a snake bite or a bite from some other animal. I took her into the animal hospital and the Dr. looked at her and said "snake bite, probably copperhead".

That makes me very nervous because I have little wild ones that like to play outside. I will just have to be more vigilant when they are out.

So here are some really sad pictures of her. I hope she has learned to leave snakes alone!


Her head and nose are normally quite thin. Poor little dog!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Poor dog. I hope that she has learned though. Maybe the kids will be more careful when out side, I hope.