Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Science project went well. I took the stuff to school and Elias read his report and did the experiment. The kids were interested and Elias had a good time with it.

It being Saul's birthday, I took chocolate covered donuts to his classroom. The kids were thrilled and acted as though they had never seen smaller kids before. They wouldn't leave Eva and Jesse alone! They wanted them to talk and all that. So funny.

I made a special dessert for Saul's birthday. It is from Pioneer Woman Cooks site. It is a flower pot dessert. It was really fun to make and the kids loved eating from clay flower pots. There is pound cake at the bottom and then ice cream of your choice, then crushed oreos with gummi worms, if you like in it. Then there is a flower stuck in a straw in the middle. The flower thing worked well for me as there are a lot of leftovers and now I know to whom each belongs. They each chose the color of flower they liked best.

I let Saul open one gift tonight. Chad had to go with the missionaries so he wasn't here. Saul opened a little lego set. He built a small tow truck and has decided legos are his new best friend. We will see how long that lasts. I will post pictures of him getting it out of the Wal-mart sack! Yes, my wrapping is pathetic, I know. But it was a busy day and I did get him something!

Jesse is asleep on my lap now. He was crying for "Papa!" He loves having Chad around in the evenings and lets me know he's unhappy when he's not here. All-in-all, it was a good day....Saul turned seven, and he feels bigger already, he said. Can't ask for much more than that!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hey, did you hear we're leaveing a week earlier?! We should arrive in MH on May 21. So close. I hope I survive the move and the traveling with kids...