Thursday, May 1, 2008

I will take a little time now to jot down a few things that have been happening here. First, I'm excited that Hazel, my niece will probably be born today. Way to go Carolyn, I hope all goes well. It is Saul's seventh birthday and he woke up with giving me a big hug. Maybe the seventh year won't be as trying as the sixth was.......we will see, after the birthday happiness wears off.

Jacob Maple was presented with his Eagle Scout award last night. It was fun and very family oriented. 8 of the 10 kids were present with their spouse or significant other. The other two kids don't live in the area and were not able to make it. It was a nice ceremony. Toni did a lot to help put the program together, so I picked up two of her kids from school to bring in to the church. They had a great time playing here after school.

On the way home from school, I usually ask the kids if they have homework.

Elias: "No, wait--oh yea, I have a science project and report due tomorrow!"

Me: (in my mind)-- WHAT!?!

Me: "So, you have most of your information together and part of the report written?"-(haha)

Elias: "No!, you didn't remind me....."

Me: "Uhh, no, that would be your bad, buddy."

Elias: "Well, what am I going to do?"

Me: "I guess when we get home, you will just have get onto it."

Elias: "Okay"

So, when we got home. He did his experiment and wrote his report. He told me it had to be at least one page, he only had half a page. I helped him fill it in with fluff to make it a complete report. What fun!

We are having a birthday party for Saul on Saturday and he has requested donuts for his birthday snack at school. I still have to take all the stuff for Elias' science project up to the school so thankfully, I can do that all at the same time.

Life is good and the kids are healthy. I'm excited for the end of school when we can all be home and do fun things together. My house may not be the cleanest, and the kids probably aren't either, but we have a lot of fun together! I want the kids to remember their childhood with fond memories of working and playing together with their family. I want them to be the best of friends even as adults. I think that is important in this world of constant change, that they will always have friends in their siblings-no matter what.

The Gospel is so true. Our leaders are guiding us in the right way to go. They say to teach our children by example and love them. I love having that constant guidance in my life. My kids keep me going in the right way because I want them to do what is right and it is my example they follow.

Well, have a great day everyone!

No comments: