Saturday, May 24, 2008

About Stake Conference

Last weekend we had stake conference. For us, this means a weekend affair. It is a two hour drive to the stake center. We have been blessed with great families in the stake who open their homes to those of us who live so far away.

The time we stayed with a great family. The Scotts have kids around the same ages as ours and the kids had a great time. We also took them to Chuck E Cheese before arriving at the Scott home. Chad was able to ride with Bishop Scott to the meetings...a mere 2 minute drive! Must be nice......The kids played with their kids. The have a little five year old girl and we didn't see Marissa or Eva for quite a long time. They were both in heaven with their 'new best friend'!

The stake president challenged us as members and families to have prayer night and morning. I was so thankful for that challenge. We have struggled with family prayer both in the morning and at night. We usually have it one or the other, but not both. We have been working hard to do both, in accordance with the challenge and have seen blessings already.

It was a really good meeting. Some members were called up to share their testimony about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. We had been challenged previously to read the Book of Mormon in the six months between the conferences. I am sad to say that I didn't get it all read. I have read it many times, once I read it in two days(on my mission while I was in the hospital awaiting my surgery) but not at this time. I love that book.

No comments: