Saturday, March 15, 2008

What fun!/Alas!

Today, the kids had a primary activity. Chad and I decided to go and test drive a new Ford car(we had received a card in the mail stating that if we did so, we would receive a $25 gift card--so what the heck--) We decided on a new Ford Taurus X. They are real pretty cars.
We had Jesse with us, as he isn't old enough for the Primary activity. I had hyped it up with him hoping he would be excited about going for a ride in a different car. Obviously, I didn't do the job sufficiently well (he doesn't deal well with change of any kind, unless initiated by him). It took about 15 minutes to get him in the car seat I had switched over. He then proceeded to cry and scream --only a little--for a few more minutes. The car drove nicely and he soon began to enjoy the new adventure. Chad pulled over to let me drive it back to the dealership and that brought on a whole new wave of sadness/anger/whatever. This one, however, lasted a much shorter time. By the time we got back, he was happy and liking the new car.
Thankfully, though, when we put his seat back in our car, he was even happier. Kids....so much fun. The kids had a great time at their activity and we had fun going around town without three of them.

Now to the 'Alas'. It is allergy season and this year has hit me pretty hard. The kids are missing me coming outside with them because I just can't. I'll be glad when all this pollen is washed away with the spring rains.

This blogging stuff is pretty fun. I hope to be able to sit down and put my thoughts out there often!

3 comments:

David said...

James is still at an age where we have to begin getting him ready a solid hour before we have to leave for church...he's not much for "change" either. He'd rather be building legos than getting dressed.

And did you call a car pretty? :) I don't know why but that just makes me smile. I don't hear cars described as pretty very often. Would Chad be ok driving a pretty car? :) Could you ever call a truck pretty?

Mom said...

I hope that you can find something that will work for you with the allergies.
Yes, car can be anything that you want them to be. Some people name their cars.

Rebecca said...

I hear you on the allergies! Mine kicked in too. This year I'm starting the Flonase before I want to kill myself. I usually wait until I can't breathe and I want to claw my itchy eyes out! So far, so good. Okay, maybe not "good", but better! I still have my eyes.
Rebecca