Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Working on the car is scary for me!!

I had better get this down before the excitement wears off. The front turn lamp in the van went out the other day. I looked at the manual to see how easy it was to change and what number bulb I would need to replace it.

Well, I got the bulb today (the reason will follow in the next blog). The instructions indicate that I must remove the headlight assembly. Now, on our van, that is a rather large-ish piece on the front/side of the car. So, I attempted to remove this assembly twice before I had the courage to just pull the thing out; all the while I was checking my watch, gauging the time, to see if I would have enough time to duct tape it to the vehicle in the event that I broke the thing off......

It went more smoothly than I imagined it going. I was able to get it all off and dig down to the lower light and change the bulb. Wouldn't you know it, I even purchased the correct bulb!

I am so proud of myself! Fixing the car isn't my thing and I am always afraid that I will break it beyond my own repair abilities, or Chad's, and have to humbly take it to a mechanic.

I'm pretty proud that I did it without breaking anything.
Next time, why it was that I couldn't drive my car yesterday to go and purchase a new bulb....

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So cool! We had to replace a bulb in one of our headlights and Zak kept saying, "Yeah, yeah. I'll get around to it." Then I got a fix-it ticket (my first EVER ticket) for the burned-out headlight and I decided to do it myself so I wouldn't get pulled over again. It turned out to be pretty easy and I was quite proud of myself! Hooray for us!