Friday, April 23, 2010

It's been a while

I figured I would jot a little something down while I'm sitting here doing nothing......okay, I'm making myself do this.

You see, writing just isn't my thing. It seems that my life is just so uninteresting that it isn't worth writing about, so I don't do it. It's weird, others lives are very similar to mine and I thoroughly enjoy reading about what they are doing.......so I will write about what I and my family are up to now.

In January, we had a lot of snow here are some fun pictures of what we had. We had to borrow a car from friends to get in and out of our place, that jeep parked under the carport is our loaner. the next one is by the creek. For us in Arkansas, that was a lot of snow!




Chad is still building homes. He enjoys the work and keeps really busy. I am still plugging along, taking one class at a time, working on finishing my degree. Once #4 starts Kindergarten in the fall, I will be taking more classes at a time. I'm enjoying my history class, the learning part, not the mini papers I write with just about every lesson! I love to read so this class has been fun. I help Chad with jobs sometimes and that is a lot of fun. #4 just accompanies us but we still get a lot done!

The kids are all growing fast. They spend a lot of time outside when they are home. They love the creek and the option of exploring the woods. #3 has made a little habit of helping her Grandpa with the goats almost every afternoon. She loves spending time outside regardless of the activity.

The kids a great time with cousins this Easter holiday. We did an Easter Egg hunt in the big field between Conference Sessions. They also were given kites to fly and that was a lot of fun as well. We spent a lot of time this spring flying kites in the field.





Last Saturday, we had a fun event happen. Our cat Tiger gave birth to four kittens. The kids are so excited to each have their own kitten now. They are not quite a week old yet and they are pretty cute little things!! It was fun for the kids to watch the births and be able to take care of their Momma cat and now the kittens. They are all such animal lovers, I'm not sure what to do with them sometimes!

I love to see the kittens nurse! I don't know why this is so fun to watch, maybe it is the pure miracle of life and how Heavenly Father made things so perfectly that is it sometimes hard to really comprehend all that goes in to it, but I love to watch the miracle of new babies and their comfort in being close to their Momma.
Recently, I rearrange the sleeping/room situation for the kids. #3 is getting old enough to have her own room so......she is now in the basement. #2 and #4 share right now and I needed to get another dresser, or chest for clothes. I checked out a few furniture places and was now willing to pay their prices for the quality they offered. So, I went to a thrift store and found this gem. $40!! solid wood and in really great condition. Furniture stores were asking things like $170 for little more than cardboard. I am so impressed with myself! #2 really loves having his own dresser and it finally feels like we fit properly in this house now. I don't know why I feel that way now, but I do!

This is where #4 loves to spend a lot of his time. He just gets so bored with all the other kids in school. He doesn't stay here all day! But he would like to!!


I love to be outside, so I made myself a nice little study area on the deck. We had extra carpet pieces and no plans for them. Now there are plans! That ten year old swing has held up amazingly well over the years and I love it!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures and commentary. Keep up the good work on school and give the kids a hug from us.

Rebecca said...

I definitely love hearing what you guys are up to! And the girls were thrilled to see the pictures of the cat and kittens.

Tom and Sandy Fox said...

It's always fun to hear your happenings. It brings me closer to home. I didn't know you'd gone back to school. What is your major?

Say Hi to the kids for us.