Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The gingerbread house fiasco

Elias needed a gingerbread house for Scouts. I made him a great one, well, I baked the pieces and he put it together and decorated it. I made pieces for the other kids on another day, and they just didn't turn out as I would have liked. The pieces broke easily and wouldn't stand up. So, they just decorated them as cookies and had a great time doing it.

While they decorated, I read "The Nutcracker" to them. They enjoyed hearing the story and I enjoyed having their attention.

Here they are working and with their lovely creations.










Some of you may be wondering why there are so many suckers? Well, we used mostly leftover Halloween candy for the decorations. I only purchased two new things. I knew they would just make a mess of it all and didn't want to spend extra money on their mess.

No comments: