Friday, September 26, 2008

Another snake.....

Second post of the day--
Bitsy got my attention when she began barking, I don't know but there is something different in her bark when it is a snake. I went over to see and found this just under the corner of the deck.....


Notice the very LARGE frog in its mouth~right near the top of the picture.

Bisty is very concerned. She doesn't like snakes! (it is to the right of the whitish rock)
Oh, that poor BIG frog. I can't imagine the snake could actually eat something that much bigger than itself......I mean, I know it can, but ew, gross!
The frog actually made it out alive. Bitsy barked at the snake for at least 15 minutes, by which time, the snake let go and the poor frog wobbled away as the snake slithered for cover under the rocks. The kids don't play near the rocks so that is a relief! The boys had a great time watching the snake trying to get its prize somewhere quiet.

No comments: