Friday, August 15, 2008

What I find interesting......

Is how many other Latter-day Saints are out there blogging. I sometimes just click on next blog--many times, I come across an obvious LDS blog. I think it is great that there are so many people out there who set a good example in their writing and pictures for others to partake.

I have been working on a friend of mine, working to get her to my house so that we can meet up with the missionaries. I worked with her about 10 years ago and she always seemed interested in the Book of Mormon and other aspects of the gospel. The boss lady didn't like us talking religion, unless it was about her church.... so we mainly talked during lunch breaks, when she wasn't around. I lost contact with her after a few years. I have seen her twice now and have her phone number. Her husband remembered me by name and she said he had been wondering about me. I know there is interest there. I hope I have been a good example so that the gospel can be taught and I think they are ready!

That is exciting because in our ward, we have been having about 2-3 baptisms every month. Sometimes more. The kids are a little tired of going to baptisms but I think it is good for them.

So, there you have it, all my thoughts in a jumble. I know the gospel is true. I can't believe I have let myself become shy about sharing it again. I'm going to change that now. Having the gospel in my life is the most amazing thing. Nothing else can bring the peace and happiness it brings----

No comments: