Wednesday, May 7, 2008

8 of so many things.....

Okay, I'll give this a try!

8 Things I'm passionate about
  • A strong marriage
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ
  • Music
  • Education-Education-Education
  • My kids
  • Number crunching-and yes, my checkbook is balanced every month.--I just can't help it!
  • The outdoors
  • Getting fit and healthy

8 Books I have read recently(do kids books count?--I sure hope so)
  • Don't Let the Pigeon stay up Late
  • Scrambled Egg Super--Dr. Suess
  • Little Men--Louisa May Alcott
  • Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus
  • Hooway for Wodney Wat
  • Inside Outside Upside Down
  • I Don't Like To Read
  • The Book of Mosiah
(So, I read more kids books.....I can't help it, I just don't have time to read anything else. The time will come when I have time to do things like that.)

8 Things I often say
  • Have a good day
  • I love you
  • See you this afternoon
  • WHAT?!?!
  • Where's Jesse?
  • Have fun, be safe
  • ______, please come here, I have a surprise for you.....(meaning a fun, character building job!--and yes, Dad, I got that from you!)
  • Don't ride your bikes through the mud puddles!

8 Things I look for in a friend
  • Sincerity
  • Kindness
  • Sense of Humor
  • Some character trait I can learn from
  • Spirituality
  • Likes to have fun-a little practical joke
  • Someone whose kids are the same age as mine


8 Things I learned in the last year
  • I'm not as good at somethings as I thought I was...but I can get better
  • I'm a darn good teacher, if I do say so myself!
  • This is not something I've learned just this last year, but,......any parenting advice you might need, can be found in the scriptures
  • I can expand my horizons and learn new things-like having all major music callings in the ward-at the same time.
  • I now know a little more about computers, in general, than I did last year.
  • Dogs are really fun pets to have, they just have to be outside dogs!
  • I really would like to teach school......big surprise for some of you, I know
  • I want to go back to school and finish out my degree

8 Things I want to do before I die
  • Serve a mission with my husband, preferably to the Philippines
  • See my kids grow up making good decisions
  • Plant a successful garden
  • Get out of debt
  • Finish my degree
  • Make a difference in some child(ren)'s education
  • So, only six, I'm just not really motivated I guess!

8 People I want to do the 8 Things
  • Well- I can't really think of 8 people, so....
  • My siblings and their spouses
  • Mom
  • Dad
  • Rebecca White
  • Tamara Mitchell


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ratings? What ratings?

David said...

I'm glad I'm not the only number nut. If our checking is not balanced every month, i freak out until i figure out what happened! fun stuff wendy!