Monday, March 31, 2008

And the rains came tumbling down.......

Yes, more rain here. It only began about 5:45 or so but by 6:30, the bridge was covered.

Chad had gone out to Calico Rock to help with some flood clean-up/fix-up when the rains began to descend. That was about 5 this evening. When he came home, or rather got to the creek, about 7, he couldn't get over it. The waters were running so high that is was dangerous. He had to leave and go somewhere else. I told him to call me when he arrived somewhere, which he did--lucky fella. He is staying at his sister, Toni's house. When the rain lets up, the waters will recede quickly, but for now, he can't make it home. Very irritating!

It makes me very thankful for where we live, in a way. We live on a hill so all the water goes on down and we don't get flooded, at least not here at the house......the creek is another matter. I told them when the built the bridge it should be an "up and over" bridge, but as you can see, they didn't listen to me and now look what we deal with......

Hmmmm. I'm sounding like my friend Rebecca! I'm pretty sure my way would have been better, but not a lot we could do to change it now with out a lot of extra cost, which we don't have!

I'm sure Chad will make it home tonight, it will just be late. We really are thankful for the rain. It wasn't too long ago that people in the area were complaining about there being a drought here. Some people......never happy.

I'm going to find time to post pics and video again soon. Now that Spring Break is over and life is almost back to normal.....We will see what happens next.

No comments: